To change is to be in constant motion. Change requires effort and motivation; it usually exceeds a previous realm of knowledge.
People can be difficult to understand. When dealing with new acquaintances, I have found it wearisome to amend my point of view or my first opinion of a person with upcoming facts and updates.
I sometimes even find it hard to understand myself. After going through so many circumstances, meeting new people, and changing so much, how can one be certain of who one is? I have heard it said many times that in a marriage you never truly know your spouse entirely; there are always opportunities to get to know him/her better. Perhaps it is the same with yourself. Situations and people influence who you are and how you think, especially when they are dealt with over long periods of time. After fighting a long battle you are sure to have scars.
I know I haven't been perfect or done everything I knew I needed to, but the mistakes I've made have made me who I am and have shaped where I am going. I apologize to anyone I've hurt along the way; I know I've done wrong, but I intend to make it right again.
This is precisely the reason I believe God has placed me at Grace College. Already things have happened that have stretched me and taught me. It's been a little painful, and extremely difficult to get used to, but I know I can rise to the challenge with God by my side. I refuse to compromise or back down. I am in this for the long haul and I intend to fight for what God has for me. Even if that means fighting my self.
I know I'm in no position right now to tell others what to do, but I hope that all I've been through and all I've learned will eventually be an inspiration and testimony to others about God's faithfullness and love for all his people. I know he loves me, despite my epic failures. I know he forgives me, despite my shame. I definitely know he teaches me, despite my rebellion. Therefore, I am excited to see what comes next.
God is the only one who can get us through all our changes and hardships. I know if I believe and trust in him, he will make me into the person I need to be.
Gen. 12:2 and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing
No comments:
Post a Comment