So, I woke up this morning (after a text from steve...) and I went to talk to my aunt. She had just recently gotten home from the hospital (for a knee replacement--again) so I wanted to see how she was doing. I had noticed that a nurse was here so I decided to stay in my room til she left. Almost as soon as I came out asking how Aunt Rita was doing, she bombarded me with this statement: "I don't think I can let you stay here anymore."
Wow, talk about too much too early in the morning... So we waited as the nurse packed up and then my aunt went into an explanation of why she didn't want me to stay here, and I waited, practically shell-shocked til I got the idea. Then out of nowhere my grandma walked in! (She's not the most positive person in the world, and she kicked me out of her house last year.) My aunt said that I wasn't doing enough around the house, and that the reason I was only paying $30 a week was so I would make the rest up in work. I explained carefully about Angie jumping on all the work almost everyday (whenever she comes over) leaving little or nothing for me to do. I also said I wasn't aware I needed to do more than I have been. Ryan knows that I am constantly spending an hour or two picking up or vacuuming before youth group or anytime we go out. So I promised to do better and Aunt Rita said she'd give me another chance. I cleaned out the fridge before work and I did the laundry, so I hope that helped.
So at work a few things happened also to dampen the mood. I smashed my finger in a door; it bled all over my arm... It's okay now, but it's a bit nasty. Also, we were told to pick up and throw away the doorstops yesterday, and I had missed Mrs. Tyree's. For you who do not know, she is the superintendent's wife, and she holds a lot of power, but she's really nice (to me...) So I picked up one and went on cleaning and she came in the room asking if anyone moved her doorstop (there were girls practicing there too.) I explained what Steve had said and that Dave had talked to the Fire Marshall about them being fire hazards. She looked very frustrated and said she's had this discussion with Steve before and she supposed she should email him in the morning. I was so worried she was mad at me. I'm still not certain she wasn't.
Also, in the break room there were doughnuts and I saw one I thought was jelly filled. I asked Sue if she thought it was jelly or something else. She didn't know but thought it might be vanilla pudding (with is my favorite,) but I didn't wanna take the chance and I took a plain one instead. Then later, Sue took the doughnut and it was my favorite!! It reminded me of Dunkin Doughnuts. I miss their Bavarian cream doughnuts.
I think there was something else at work but I don't remember. Working there in general sucks anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment